Friday, August 04, 2006

All about Hampi

I'd initially thought to do a complete write up on the Hampi trip, but backed out partly due to the belief that no words can do justice to the charm of the place and mostly due to the fact that I certainly can't write that good. So I decided to catch the visual feel and the amazing aura of the place by sights and sound - the video follows. The most difficult part of this video was identifying the music. I finally settled on 3 different pieces to capture the different moods and setting of this awesome little place.

5 comments:

anup keerrthi said...

hi there,

me headin to hampi dis weekend, can i knoe de climate there??

hot or rains??
any other suggestions??

Life 2.0 said...

We visited Hampi just a couple of weeks back. The weather was great - picnicy, but not actually raining. IMHO, this is the best time to go there rather than the touristy winter season.

For some more info and suggestions, check out http://campfiresandcrazylands.blogspot.com/2006/08/romancing-rocks-and-ruins-hampi.html

anup keerrthi said...

hey thanx dude, actually saw ur video jus today and jus loved it. good work, gud choice of music too!
yea can barely see ppl arnd xcept u, wil b nice i suppos,

so any suggestions on places to stay and de restaurant in de video is mango tree, is it???

Life 2.0 said...

We stayed in Ranajana guest house - was pretty clean n neat. Take the rooftop rooms.. the view and the breeze in the night is great.
Yup the restaurant is Mango tree only - amazing ambience, delicious food. I think we had almost all our meals there only.

anup keerrthi said...

hey thanx for de reply!
how bout the rooms across de river?
wat do u say? stay across or in de bazaar??