Friday evening - Jogging followed by crashing a wedding.
Saturday - breakfast with a friend whom I hadn't met in quite some time. Turns out I am looking thinner (yay!). An extremely lazy afternoon, as all Saturday afternoons should be. The regular jog in the evening to charge things up and of course, the customary sat night party (it was a perfect weekend after all) at Touch, supposedly the most happening place in town. IMHO, there are better places with better music in Hyderabad. There was just a small hiccup before the party - I walked straight into the building to look up the foyer and SPLASH! Oh yes... never realized there was water in that so called fountain. Someone should put some lights in the middle or better still, as Rahul suggested, some fishes!
Sunday - Lazy lunch with a bunch of friends and a visit to the new Mocha to follow it up. Toblerone shake, Vertigo, chocolate fondue....this was probably one of the hardest moments in past couple of weeks which really tested my resolution. Happy to say I came out un-scathed :) A really long jog in the evening to wind things up and a long night's sleep to mark the perfect end to a perfect weekend.
Overheard during jogging:
A: "Do you ever ask yourself why am I running"
B: "I just need to look at my spare tyre and I find my motivation"
C: "I just need to look at my bum and..."
A: "Maybe you should run backwards"
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well you do look thinner (I said it yesterday). And I am raelly inspired by your perseverance with jogging. Post a few more jogging stories and maybe I'll be inspired enough to jog myself!
The weekend sounds rather nice & the escape from mocha reads even better. It's toughest to shed pounds by jogging since the whole thing tends to be particularly boring unless you bump into a space tourist on your way. 20/20 is a partcularly strectch target - how about a wager of 20k on that? (that might provide just that xtra bit of motivn)
Tanu,
join us one evening for jogging at KBR park - I guarantee you will get hooked :) Stay tuned to this blog for more jog-reveal-ing stories!
da^2,
i am actually finding jogging to be quite addictive now. Been two weeks with just 2 days missed in between. I don't know about space tourist but we do manage to bump into a lot of peacocks - the park is full of them!
20/20 IS a tough target but i believe i've started out well and need to maintain the momentum.. and the wager will definitely help with that. You're on...from now on its 20/20/20.
well, i assume yet another identity - this one perhaps is a better reflection of my normal state of being.
it's good to hear about your intent of continuing the momentum - you better do that (with your current mass, this momentum of yours is likely to be very high, irrespective of the speed at which you're chasing the peacocks!)
anyways, with 20/20/20 you've just landed up into a win-win situation. human psychology bears testimony that mortals fear loss much more than they are excited about winning - that's the reasosn why this sum is not a piddly one like 20 bucks.
now if you do end up hitting bull's-eye, it's anyways a clear win. however, if you decide to avoid hitting the target after having overcome this 'fear', you'd have achieved immortality. this one sounds like a real good miss to have..
somani, cant think of you as "thinner" ...no amount of creativity solved that issue :)...and the doubts dont end at that....KBR only for jogging? hmm.food for thought.
duh-duh,
i think this identity is bang on target for you. Well there are a lot of 20s riding now so i better hit all of 'em otherwise one goes, all go.
Lost you on the win-win funda there - immortality, good miss.... duh?
g#1,
yes yes yes you are the number one in the line - you can drop the #1 from ur nick now. Welll therez a new somani in town and he means business. Don't mention the word "food" - 3 weeks into this thing and am having garfield-like hallucinations already!
Surely you're hooked to jogging, afterall your frnds from udaipur (the sunset pic of whom you have on your blog) must be joining you everyday in the park...if it were some place other than Hyd chicks would come and join you. Man, why hyd? it sucks :)
Post a Comment